How to get the Best Possible Price: Selling your home can be both an exciting & overwhelming process which takes preparation, organization & professional marketing.
Dena Arnold Realty Group
will walk you through all the details you need to know to be fully prepared to sell your property, from understanding the market to preparing your home for sale. You want someone who has the experience and is qualified to help you through it.
Select a Listing Agent, your Guide through the Market
Agents must be on top of the market in terms of recent sales, current listings and house prices in the area. They must be up on the latest developments in mortgage financing and they must be skillful negotiators. A good agent will help you navigate through the home selling process, as well as steer you clear of potential costly pitfalls.
Dena Arnold Realty Group offers you:
- We know real estate values in your neighborhood by keeping up on the most recent listing and sales information. In researching your homes we can provide you with a detailed comparative market evaluation and set an agreeable and competitive price on your home.
- Together we will help you prepare your home to look attractive and appealing to potential buyers, helping your home sell quicker and for a higher price.
- We provide a list of recommendations to help your home sell for top dollar $$.
- Our teams will provide a detailed marketing strategy for your home to ensure that your property has maximum exposure to potential buyers.
- We will coordinate all of the many tasks involved in selling a house (from contract to closing), to ensure that the transaction is simple and low-stress.
- Dena Arnold Realty Group are experts in the home selling process and as such will advise you of your rights, options and obligations.
- With our experience we provide strong and experienced negotiators and will work to get you the best possible price.
- We provide personal, quality services and honest, reliable advice.
Choose Dena Arnold Realty Group, Trusted Professionals!
Increasing the Value of Your Home
Your realtor wants you to WHAT?
Thinking about putting your house up for sale? Looking to get the best price for your home? In preparation for listing, you may want to consider a few projects that could boost your property value. It can be difficult to separate yourself from a home that you have cherished and see it through the eyes of potential buyers. This is where we can help! We can make objective recommendations that will increase your homes' appeal to current buyers. On the flip side, you might think a project needs to be done before listing and that might not be the case. We can help determine what to do and what not to do, saving you time and money. Ask us for details on how to increase the value of your home.
Setting a Price on your Home
You need some insider knowledge!
When it comes to setting an asking price, a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) is crucial in determining the fair market value of your home. We will provide you with a CMA that will tell you everything you need to know about the local housing market, how much similar homes are selling for in your neighborhood, and whether you're dealing with a seller's market or a buyer's market. To learn more about your home's value in today's market, give us a call.
Save yourself any added stress!
Being organized and gathering the required papers you will need ahead of time can make the process much smoother. Start by preparing a file folder or binder to collect all relevant paperwork, contacts, and checklists. Doing this will keep you one step ahead of the process and ready to provide items and information when required. Some of the papers you will need are: household warranties, appliance manuals, copies of utility bills, property taxes and most importantly a land survey or Real Property Report. A Real Property Report (or RPR) is a required legal document that shows your property and its' improvements comply with municipal bylaws. If you don't have a RPR, now is the time to order one. Ask us for further details on getting organized!
This is your assurance of fair play!
Agency is a relationship established when two parties agree to have one party act on behalf of the other. Under agency law, your agent owes you duties and obligations including full disclosure, confidentiality, undivided loyalty and responsible care.
A real estate agent must disclose in writing who they are representing in a real estate transaction. They may represent either the Buyer or the Seller, and in some cases may represent both parties involved in the same transaction. Concurrent representation is permitted by law with the consent of both the Buyer and the Seller. We will inform you of your rights and representation options in all transactions.
Signing the Listing Agreement
Time to get the ball rolling, so to speak!
The first formal step in marketing your property is to enter into a listing agreement. This is a legal contract that commits your chosen Real Estate brokerage to actively market your home for a specified period of time. It also documents the pre-established cost you will incur for the marketing your home. That cost is to be paid upon the successful closing of your sale.
If you market it, they will come!
No matter how attractive a home is or how well it is priced, you can't sell a property without a marketing plan. We will put our resources and expertise to work and give your property maximum exposure in order to generate a sale for the highest price in the shortest amount of time. You will be kept informed of any adjustments required to the marketing plan to maintain top exposure to potential buyers. From a professional and distinctive lawn sign to a detailed internet ad campaign, we have you covered.
It's good to be prepared so you aren't disappointed on closing day!
You have most likely budgeted for all of the expenses related to the sale of your house and the purchase of your next home. However, there can be a number of incidentals that really add up on your way to closing day.
Some costs associated with selling a home are standard and some are based on your individual circumstances. Here are some costs associated with selling:
- Legal fees including disbursements and property tax adjustments
- Utility fees and property tax adjustments
- Real Property Report and/or Title Insurance
- Repairs required that are uncovered during a certified home inspection
- Moving costs, which could include a hotel stay depending on circumstances
- Bridge financing, depending on the possession date of your new home
- Appliances at your new home if required
- Ask us for advice on what costs you may incur based on your particular situation.
With you at Every Step
Dena Arnold Realty Group offers invaluable knowledge and expertise in selling homes. We are committed to meeting your real estate needs from the pricing of your home to the sale and beyond!